About Raymond Smith
Raymond F. Smith, MAI has been doing real estate appraising and consulting since 1978, and was co-founder of The Bramwell-Smith Company in 1997. Ray’s professional experience in real estate appraisal encompasses a broad range of property types including retail, office, industrial, multifamily, agriculture, mobile home parks and residential subdivisions, in many California locations. Ray’s work has involved a broad range of clients, from attorneys, public agencies and lenders to investors, developers and property owners.
Ray was mentored by H. Rich Bramwell, MAI developing during that time an ability to understand and resolve real estate issues, and to provide litigation-based appraisal services.
Ray has been doing appraisal and consultation work for potential or expected litigation for about 20 years, including cases involving eminent domain, breach of contract, parcel split dispute, partnership dissolution, inverse condemnation, fraud and building defects. Ray’s work has included expert witness testimony at arbitration hearings, depositions and trials.
• MAI Member of Appraisal Institute – 1995
• State Certified General Appraiser, California – 1992
Appraisal Institute Qualifying Courses for MAI designation
• Real Estate Appraisal Principles
• Basic Valuation Procedures
• Standards of Professional Practice
• Capitalization Theory and Techniques, Part A
• Capitalization Theory and Techniques, Part B
• Case Studies in Real Estate Valuation
• Report Writing and Valuation Analysis
Appraisal Institute Continuing Education
As of a current date, Raymond F. Smith, MAI has completed the requirements of the continuing education program of the Appraisal Institute (100 hours of education every five years).
Appraisal Work Experience
• 1997-present Principal, The Bramwell-Smith Company, Stockton, California
• 1986-1996 Staff Appraiser, The Bramwell Company, Stockton, California
• 1985-1986 Staff Appraiser, American Real Estate Group, Stockton, California
• 1981-1985 Property Tax Appraiser, San Joaquin County Assessor, Stockton, California
• 1978-1981 Staff Appraiser, First Savings and Loan Association, Fresno & Stockton, California
• 1978-1878 Property Tax Appraiser, Fresno County Assessor, Fresno, California
Formal Education – California State University, Fresno – B.A. (English major/Business minor) – 1976
Member and past president of the Sacramento Sierra Chapter of Appraisal Institute.